Thursday, January 31, 2013

100th Day, a Special Note, and a Super Sale

On January 30, we celebrated the 100th Day of School! I had the students working on 100th Day hats, books, and a 100th Day Watch, Think, Color (my class LOVES these!) from The Primary Techie. I also had the children dress up like they were 100 years old. That was fun! My son Jeffery's class dressed up as well. I just HAVE to share how cute he looked!





Keep in mind, Jeffery is a t-shirt and jeans kind of kid, so the shirt and tie are completely out of character for him. I still think he looked adorable! I put gray hairspray in his hair, but it didn't show up very well. As soon as school was over, the tie and suspenders came right off!



Today, when I was letting my class in the room, one of my students handed me a note. The note was from a child I had 2 years ago when I taught Kindergarten. He was a little bit of a behavior problem, but not too bad. I heard that last year he gave his 1st Grade teacher a very hard time. He has been okay in my class this year. Occasionally, he'll act out. He's one of those kids who is very smart and tries to get away with whatever he can, but at other times he tries to please. I'm used to getting short, "I love you," kinds of notes, but when I read this I was very surprised. Here is a picture of his note. Most of it can easily be read by any teacher.



By the way, the "mystery pictures" refers to the Watch, Think, Color activities. I just love the "Your Great Student" closing (with the incorrect comma). LOL!


Now for the sale! On Sunday, February 3, TPT is having a SUNDAY SUPER SALE! All of my products will be 20% off. Then, if you enter the code SUPER at the checkout, TPT will increase the savings to a total 28%!


Be sure to check out my store as well as hundreds of other TPT sellers for some great deals on February 3!
Thank you to Lauren for sharing this banner!






4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of dressing like you are 100! I am not sure my principal would allow it. We have a VERY strict dress code. I am going to beg for it next year! I love that your "Great Student" likes the Watch, Think, Color games. That was a nice surprise! Thanks for sharing with us. I look forward to reading your blog. - Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Autumn!

    He asks me everyday now if we are going to do one. We don't have time everyday, but I've been trying to do them when we don't have Resource. I'm so glad our principal isn't that strict about the dress code. I dressed up like I was 100 too, I just didn't post the picture. We also have pajama days occasionally, and one of my coupons for the kids to earn is to wear their pj's to school.

    I'm looking forward to seeing what other great activities you make!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is THAT?! I've never thought of having students dress up like they are 100. :) I'm your newest follower!

    Brittany
    http://thesuperheroteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brittany! I saw some teachers at our school do it last year, and thought it would be fun. I just loved seeing my little one all dressed up! :)

      Lori

      Delete